Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Netflix Is My Friend :)

Day: Feb 3, 2015
Weather: Raining cats and dogs
Song: Fall Out Boy, "Irresistible"
Lyrics of the Day: You're second hand smoke, second hand smoke/I breathe you in, but honey I don't know/What you're doing to me, Mon Cheri,/But the truth catches up with us eventually.


Hiya!

Today, I thought I'd talk about television shows I like. I don't get obsessed with TV like most of my peers. I can't marathon episode after episode like it's nothing. However, it is nice to just sit down, relax, and enjoy and episode or two every now and then. I figured today, I'd just focus on American/BBC shows and save the other things for another day.

The following shows are in no particular order, just the one I thought of them in.



I thought I'd start with something most people are already familiar with: Merlin. I designed a sort of breakdown so I could review the show without rambling, haha.

  • Episodes Watched: Consecutively from the beginning? 9 1/2. Total? Almost all of them, out of order, from the far side of the room.
  • Favorite Episode: No clue haha
  • Favorite Character: Morgana
  • Why I Like It: Arthur is Hot, Morgana is beautiful, and Merlin is a badass. Nuff said.
  • Fun Fact: Last semester, I took Introduction to the Study of History at school and my final was a long essay on the historical King Arthur. While I spent hours pouring over old documents and thinking out loud about all the various potential Arts (I'm on nickname basis with him because I studied him SO FREAKING MUCH), my older sister -- who was also my roommate -- sat on the couch near me watching Merlin. Which, ya know, is about King Arthur.



American Horror Story. The erotic, horrific American TV series that has taken the States by storm. Loved by many for inexplicable reasons, this show wonderfully exposes the insanity in all of us. 
  • Episodes Watched: All but the last two episodes of Murder House, all of Asylum, ten of Coven, and about half of episode one of Freak Show (not available on Netflix yet but I caught a bit of the premiere at a friend's apartment).
  • Favorite Episode: Either the episode of Asylum where Jessica Lange sings "The Name Game" or the one where Lana gets kidnapped by the killer.
  • Favorite Character: 
    • Murder House: Tate Langdon or Addie
    • Asylum: Sister Jude or Lana or even Dr. Thredson (not sure why...)
    • Coven: Queenie, Kyle, or Misty Day
  • Why I Like It: I don't know, honestly. I don't think anyone really does. It's twisted and weird, but it's also awesome. I don't know.
  • Fun Fact: My mom and I fangirl over Evan Peters together.


Firefly is one of those shows where you've known about it for so long that it seems weird that it doesn't have a much larger fandom.
  • Episodes Watched: All of them, as well as the movie and the "How we did it" documentary thing on Netflix
  • Favorite Episode: You name it, I love it.
  • Favorite Character: Kaylee! :D Or Jayne. Or Mal.
  • Why I Like It: We've had "Serenity" since it came out and have watched it so many times I could quote it word-for-word. Firefly is just like extended Serenity, and it's amazing.
  • Fun Fact: My whole family cried during the documentary thingy because we didn't want to accept that it would never be continued. Also, I consider Joss Whedon to be the King of Nerds.

I also enjoy Supernatural, Salem, and several others I can't think of right now. Maybe I'll make a part-two and go over some more later. :)

Well, that's all for today. What's your favorite TV show and why? Let me know in the comments! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment